If you are looking for something fun and creative to do with your kiddos, make aromatherapy play dough, it's super fun and easy! It is also a great way for them to learn what aromatherapy is and more about essential oils. Some of my favorite oil suggestions are: Wild Orange, Peppermint, Lemon, Rosemary, Balance, Serenity, Citrus Bliss.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups colored water
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 drops of essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball. Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.
- Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add five drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
- You’re done! Just store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.